Sunday 8 February 2015

Fifty Shades Of Grey (By EL James, #1)


When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.
 
Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.


Review



I give ★★★★

I would have given less. Why did I not? 

Ana's story began from the very beginning, straight to the point, straightforward all the way. I didn't like a lot about this book, but I don't exactly rate unfairly. Obviously, it's all my opinion. This is my first '"erotica" book to ever read and finish, and I found some scenes, okay, most scenes disturbing; that doesn't mean it wasn't written properly. It captured my attention and I wanted to read more to see where her relationship with this mysterious guy was going. I liked the fact that it kept me going. I was curious to know more about him, because she's just so simple compared to him. It balances out their characters. They complete each other. After a while of reading constant sex scenes, it got less weird. It was still all strange but I didn't close the book and gave up. 

The voice of Ana sounded extremely childish at times, and I liked that because she's young and inexperienced and small things matter so  much, like her fear, excitement, nervousness; it all created a realistic feeling of being inside a young girl's head. Especially that inner Goddess of hers with those pom-poms. 

Christian felt like such a mature person compared to her, which I was so  thankful for. He is such a mystery it's overwhelming. I suppose most people are eager to read more on their "sexy time", instead what I wanted most was for him to let her touch him. Like his face or just hand or arm or anything really, the fact that he wouldn't let her, I would say I was a lot more frustrated than she was, and she kept insisting and I wanted to find out if he would let her and he's so closed and keeping everything to himself.. ugh! Share your mind with us, Christian. Throughout the book, all I wanted to do was find out what was in that little messed up head of his and to find out if he would ever hurt her or if she would ever leave him and my questions were not entirely answered. Not yet. 
I loved the ending and I was so happy, I definitely want to read the next book. 


I can't wait for the movie, the actors  seem the perfect fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment