Thursday 14 August 2014

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4 by Richelle Mead)



The struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.


Review: 



I am beyond frustrated.

At myself. 

For not ordering the 5th book already. 

I should have. I can't wait. I can't wait so long for the next book to arrive, I didn't even order it. 

This book was amazing, the only reason why it took me so long to read it (approximately a week) was because I wanted to find every reason not to finish the book. I knew it would result in suffering if I had to wait for the next book. And here I am, suffering. 

Zoe's the real bitch, I so, so, so expected her to turn her back on her sister. If Sydney forgives her, I won't approve, I'll be mad. Mad! Angry! Frustrated at the world!

God, Eddie is such a sweetheart, I'm so happy that Jill learnt something from Adrian. That kiss should've happened earlier. 

Those Alchemists are ruining everything! GET A LIFE PEOPLE! Let Sydrian live. 

I couldn't believe Adrian has a POV, I loved being in his head, and I wonder, how did Richelle Mead successfully wrote parts of the book from a guy's point of view. How would anyone understand what goes on in guys' heads. It was a first for me. A guy's POV, and I could not have imagined it to be better. 

I absolutely love Adrian and Sydney, best couple of the vampire world. 

"It's specific gravity and perfect cleavage go a long way too."
The only part of that I understood was "perfect cleavage," but I had a feeling we weren't thinking the same thing. "So, uh, what's the summary?" 
-Dies- 

I loved that. It was so Adrian, I can't even put into words how much a thought to small in a whole book can create a character so amazing. 

"I was once part of a large regiment of guardians protecting a royal family when two Strigoi decided to attack," he said. 
"Two Strigoi against a whole group of guardians, huh? Wow. That's pretty hard core."

Adrian does it again. That tone, in the voice I imagine he has, once again makes me die.

I worte: I never doubted. Would you believe I made a breakthrough with charms too?
Her response came fast. Of course I believe it. When do you get back?
Early evening. Can you come over?
I'll try. We need to celebrate.
Should I get champagne and cake ready?
Get your bed ready.
Wear the black bra.
I didn't plan on wearing one. 
"God help me," I murmured, earning a surprised glance from Neil.

I LOVE THIS!

Call me crazy, but despite how I'm not even sure how to describe it, it's aaah... 

I couldn't help but smile to the end of the chapter  after I read that. 

ADDRIAN AGAIN!

"You actually have a subject?" I looked around to see if I'd missed somebody, but it was just the three of us. "One of the cats?" I asked.

That earned a long, loud laugh from me. 

I woke in the morning, happier than I'd been in a long time, and saw she was standing at the window in nothing but my T-shirt. It was so mind-blowingly sexy that all coherent thought stopped for a moment.

This is a major cliche, one I was happy to find in this book. This needed to happen, because unlike other romantic cliches, this one is different. Their relationship is so complex and secretive that just makes my mind explode with dizzy, happy, super high butterflies. 

The center will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment