Sunday 13 July 2014

Insurgent (Divergent series #2, by Veronica Roth) Review


Blurb

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.


Review time!


I'll admit to one thing, it took me a while to finish the book, if anything, I think I partially found it boring. It felt like it was all about TRIS FEELING BAD. It basically revolves around the idea of trust but all Tris tends to do is lie and lie and lie to the ones she loves and it's just so overwhelming. She hides how she feels, she hides what she knows and most of all she hides what she feels, and then when Four or Christina find out what she's been hiding, she feels bad. IT'S ALL ABOUT TRIS FEELING BAD. I don't know what to say about the book, I liked it, I was able to finish it, so it was THAT boring, I've read worse, definitely worse, but I would have liked more of "Happy Tris" and that would be very unrealistic if she would have been happier, due to the world falling apart and all those hidden mysteries, but it was in the last 100 pages that I started enjoying the book, which is why I gave it 4 stars. 
It was a book I liked, however was a bit disappointed when Tris seemed to just throw herself out there for the sake of others, despite Four point on that, I had gotten to the point of disrespecting her because she no longer valued her existence. 
I was beyond happy to find out that Christina made peace with Tris and everything was good between the friends, also that she later on started confiding in her by telling her what she knew, so much appreciation on that. 

Overall, it was a good book, I hoped it'd meet my expectations though, which were a lot higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment