Friday 8 August 2014

Elixir (by Hilary Duff) Review



Clea Raymond has felt the glare of the spotlight her entire life. The daughter of a renowned surgeon and a prominent Washington DC politician, she has grown to be a talented photojournalist who takes refuge in a career that allows her to travel to the most exotic parts of the world. But after Clea’s father disappears while on a humanitarian mission, Clea’s photos begin to feature eerie, shadowy images of a strange and beautiful man—a man she has never seen before.'

Review: 

I read this book with the thought that there won't be a second or a third book. When it ended, it seemed as if I was expecting that. It wasn't quite a slap in the face, just an expectation I was willing to accept. Despite other books and other stories, this one was like none. It was the way it was written that I was drawn to. As I said on Goodreads, it flowed in the right direction at the right pace. 

Clea's character seemed like one of those kinds, sad, confused, still holding on to the past, only it never occurred to her or to me that she was holding on to the far far off past, one she didn't know of. One only her soul, and her soul-mate Sage, knew of. That is the story I can and would love to continue reading, which is why I did. I loved it and I'm even more glad that there are two other books. 

Rayna is just amazing, I know I use that word a lot these days, but a best friend like her? Who doesn't want one? It's a must have in anyone's lifetime. I found those eye conversations amusing, also because I know what it feels like, I use to have that with my past best friend. It is hard to find friends that are not jealous of you, and because of Rayna, I felt like Clea could go through the third world war with her by her side, and both would come out alive anyways, because friendship can only do so much to a person. 

Sage... Well, he is described as a beautiful boy, I can only think of cute, not 'hot'. I'm not mentally attracted to him, like I am with the characters I've read about in the past books, but I was more than happy to see that Clea had chosen wisely, between the puppy-boy and the mysterious-one, my choice wouldn't have been any different. 

Puppy-boy being Ben, I think being a guy who follows Clea everywhere and won't move on or just- I don't know, I think his character is a turn-off, especially since he can get so annoying and frustrating, even Clea sees that and I'm so glad for that. I'm glad he's not the one for her and I'm glad he's the one to ruin everything because it wasn't her fault, it was his, and it's always his and history repeating might sound like a cliche but  it fits in so rightly for this book. 

Hoping for the best when I'll read the next one. 

Total stars: 4.5  -  5


No comments:

Post a Comment